跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-8-2 10:14:09 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
2009年上海理工大学攻读硕士研究生入学考试试题
考试科目: 翻译(英汉互译)  准考证号:___________ 得分:______

I. Put the following into Chinese (75 points):
The Superannuated* Man (Excerpt)
Charles Lamb
     For the first day or two I felt stunned, overwhelmed. I could only apprehend my felicity; I was too confused to taste it sincerely. I wandered about, thinking I was happy, and knowing that I was not. I was in the condition of a prisoner in the Old Bastile, suddenly let loose after a forty years’ confinement. I could scarce trust myself with myself. It was like passing out of Time into Eternity – for it is a sort of Eternity for a man to have his Time all to himself. It seemed to me that I had more time on my hands than I could ever manage. From a poor man, poor in Time, I was suddenly lifted up into a vast revenue; I could see no end of my possessions; I wanted some steward, or judicious bailiff, to manage my estates in Time for me. And here let me caution persons grown old in active business, not lightly, nor without weighing their own resources, to forego their customary employment all at once, for there may be danger in it. I feel it by myself, but I know that my resources are sufficient; and now that those first giddy raptures have subsided, I have a quiet home-feeling of the blessedness of my condition. I am in no hurry. Having all holidays, I am as though I had none. If Time hung heavy upon me, I could walk it away; but I do not walk all day long, as I used to do in those old transient holidays, thirty miles a day, to make the most of them. If Time were troublesome, I could read it away, but I do not read in that violent measure, with which, having no Time my own but candlelight Time, I used to weary out my head and eye-sight in by-gone winters. I walk, read, or scribble (as now) just when the fit seizes me. I no longer hunt after pleasure; I let it come to me.

Note:
* superannuate: send (an employee) into retirement with a pension.

II. Put the following into English (75 points):
林黛玉回头见是宝玉,待要不理他,听他说“只说一句话,从此撂开手”,这话里有文章,少不得站住说道:“有一句话,请说来。”宝玉笑道:“两句话,说了你听不听?”黛玉听说,回头就走。宝玉在后面叹道:“既有今日,何必当初!”林黛玉听见这话,由不得站住,回头道:“当初怎么样?今日怎么样?”宝玉叹道:“当初姑娘来了,那不是我陪着玩笑?凭我心爱的,姑娘要,就拿去;我爱吃的,听见姑娘也爱吃,连忙干干净净收着,等姑娘吃。一桌子吃饭,一床上睡觉。丫头们想不到的,我怕姑娘生气,我替丫头们想到了。我心里想着:姊妹们从小儿长大,亲也罢,热也罢,和气到了儿,才见得比人好。如今谁承望姑娘人大心大,不把我放在眼睛里,倒把外四路的什么宝姐姐、凤姐姐的放在心坎儿上,倒把我三日不理,四日不见的。我又没个亲兄弟亲姊妹。虽然有两个,你难道不知道是和我隔母的?我也和你似的独出,只怕同我的心一样。谁知我白操了这个心,弄的有冤无处诉!”说着,不觉滴下眼泪来。
(摘自《红楼梦》第28章)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机访问本页请
扫描左边二维码
         本网站声明
本网站所有内容为网友上传,若存在版权问题或是相关责任请联系站长!
站长联系QQ:7123767   myubbs.com
         站长微信
请扫描右边二维码
www.myubbs.com

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|考研科目信息网

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 03:16 , Processed in 0.293748 second(s), 12 queries .